Who are we?
Since forming in 1978, Hammersmith & Fulham RFC (‘the Hammers’) has grown into one of London’s largest amateur Rugby clubs with 5 men’s teams (4 men’s teams and a vets) competing in the RFU leagues and Middlesex merit tables & cups, a vibrant vets team, 2 ladies teams and a large youth section.
We are proud to have Jason Leonard as our President.
We believe that we are truly unique, and we are seeking an ambitious experienced enthusiastic Head Coach, who understands amateur rugby, to become part of it.
Who are we looking for?
After twelve seasons in London 2 North West (Level 7) broken up by a single season in London 1, we are looking for a Head Coach to lead our club back to London 1 (level 6). Supported by the club captain, the team captains, assistant coaches and club physios, you will help accomplish this by providing our men’s teams with the tools to achieve success in their leagues. Your core duties will be:
• Shape and implement a rugby philosophy that can be consistently applied by all four men’s teams.
• Devise and deliver a coaching plan for the whole season.
• Lead and develop the coaching team.
• Support the First XV on match days.
• Evaluate match performances and training sessions and evolve the coaching program as necessary;
• Build and embed a process to identify and develop playing talent in all squads across the Club and
• provide clear, constructive, honest feedback to individual players on how they can improve;
A Level 2 coaching certificate or above or international equivalent is preferred but not essential.
Where are we?
Our Home base is Hurlingham Park, Fulham, where we play and train (on grass under floodlights every Tuesday & Thursday from 7.30pm to 9.00pm).
We are close to both Parsons Green and Putney Bridge tube stations
Applicants who work or live in The City, central or West London will find us especially convenient.
Where can I find out more about the Hammers?
How can I apply?
If you are an energetic, ambitious coach with a love of Rugby and looking for a friendly ambitious club we want to hear from you; please contact our Chairman, Terry Alleyne, either by email: email@example.com or by phone on 07505 748 379.