Hammersmith & Fulham RFC wish to recruit An Assistant Coach for our Ladies squads to help deliver the team’s objective of securing promotion to Championship South whilst supporting the 2nd XV in Challenge Series South East South
Who are we?
Hammersmith & Fulham Ladies were formed in 2003 and have grown to become an experienced squad with a first team playing in Championship South East 2, and a Development squad launched last year that has progressed to playing League rugby in the 2019-20 season. The squad is a part of Hammersmith & Fulham RFC (‘the Hammers’) which is one of London’s largest and most successful amateur Rugby clubs, with an ethos of playing high-level rugby, an inclusive and welcoming culture and a renowned social scene.
Hammersmith and Fulham Ladies RFC is more than just a Rugby club, it’s a home, and we’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Coach to be part of it.
Who are we looking for?
Backed by their newly formed coaching team, our Ladies squads are ready to take on their new challenges. Whether it is our 1st XV aiming for promotion to Championship South or our 2nd XV looking to flourish in Challenge Series South East South, we are looking for an Assistant Coach to join us for the 2019-20 season and beyond. Working in conjunction with the Head Coach and supported by the Captains of the Ladies teams, as well as the Ladies Committee, we would look to the Assistant Coach to support the creation of a challenging and supporting environment for both experienced and new players.
The Assistant Coach will be expected to:
• Contribute to the planning and delivering of training sessions twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7.30-9pm) during the season (August to April), availability for pre-season/summer training can be discussed
• Assist the Head Coach with match day squad selection
• Support the squad on match days (Sundays), both home and away
• Hold a minimum of the RFU Rugby Ready and CPD Scrum Factory and demonstrate a willingness to achieving RFU Level 2 coaching with club support
• Experience of coaching an adult side
• Have a genuine interest in being a part of the squad and a passion for player development and to help progress and promote women’s rugby
Where are we?
From our home base is Fulham’s Hurlingham Park, we are very close to some of London’s most vibrant and youthful suburbs and nightlife locations and are well-served by public transport. Applicants who work in London will find us especially convenient.
Where can I find out more about the Hammers?
How can I apply?
If you are an energetic, ambitious coach with a love of Rugby and are looking for a friendly club with an ethos of success we want to hear from you; please contact our Ladies Director, Sophie Tauchert by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August.