Hammers Ladies would like to enhance their current coaching set up by recruiting a Backs Coach to help deliver the teams’ objective of securing promotion to Championship South for our 1st XV and supporting our 2nd XV in their progress up the leagues.
Who are we?
Hammersmith & Fulham Ladies were formed in 2003 and have grown to become an experienced squad with a first team who were Championship South East 2 winners in the 2019/20 season, and a 2nd XV who in their first full season topped their Inner Warrior League. The squad is a part of Hammersmith & Fulham RFC (‘the Hammers’) which is one of London’s largest and most successful amateur Rugby clubs, with an ethos of playing high-level rugby, an inclusive and welcoming culture and a renowned social scene.
Hammersmith and Fulham Ladies RFC is more than just a Rugby club, it’s a home, and we’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated and enthusiastic Backs Coach to be part of it.
Who are we looking for?
Backed by the established coaching team of Paul Phillips and Andy Barrington, our Ladies squads are ready to take on their new challenges. Whether it is our 1st XV aiming to defend their league title and obtain promotion to Championship South or our 2nd XV looking to flourish in National Challenge 2, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Backs Coach to join us for the 2020-21 season and beyond. Working in conjunction with the current coaching team and supported by the Captains of the Ladies teams, as well as the Ladies Committee, we would look to the Backs Coach to support the creation of a challenging and supporting environment for both experienced and new players.
They would be expected to:
- Contribute to the planning and delivering of training sessions twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7.30-9pm) during the season (August to April), availability for pre-season/summer training can be discussed
- Assist the Head Coach with match day squad selection
- Support the squad on match days (Sundays), both home and away
The ideal coach would have:
- Minimum of Level 2 coaching qualification, though those with RFU Rugby Ready and CPD Scrum Factory will be considered
- Experience as a backs coach
- Experience of coaching women’s rugby
- Have a genuine interest in being a part of the squad and a passion for player development and to help progress and promote women’s rugby
Where are we?
From our home base in Fulham’s Hurlingham Park, we are very close to some of London’s most vibrant and youthful suburbs and nightlife locations and are well-served by public transport. Applicants who work in London will find us especially convenient.
Position: Backs Coach
Contract Type: Voluntary
If you are an energetic, ambitious coach with a love of rugby and are looking for a friendly club with an ethos of success we want to hear from you.
For more information please contact our Ladies Director, Sophie Tauchert by 30September 2020