GETTING READY FOR THE NEW SEASON
Over the past month or so the club has been working hard to prepare a ‘return to training’ plan based on Government and RFU guidance to ensure that Training is both safe AND fun, but the success of this will depend on both parents and children sticking to the rules.
The first thing we ask is that you register your child for the new season by clicking on the ‘Renew’ button above, before the first session on Sunday.
In terms of actual rugby, all age groups will be playing Touch Rugby for the bulk of the first session, however, the RFU and Govt have said we are able play up to 15 minutes of contact but this will be done on an age group by age group basis from the Under 9s upwards.
HOW WILL TRAINING WORK?
On arrival at their designated section of Hurlingham Park players will be put into groups of no more than 10. and they must remain in those groups for the duration of the session.
Each age group will then have a combination of skills, drills and Touch Rugby from 1000-1130, all of which have been designed to engage and improve children of all abilities. The pitch map below shows where each age group will gather.
HOW CAN PARENTS HELP?
1. Please use the Teamer app to inform coaches that you will be attending each week: please do this as early as possible each week. This was important last season, it’s now critical ahead of every session this season.
2. Show up on time, which means be ready at 0950 for a prompt 1000 start.
3. It is compulsory for all parents to remain for the duration of the 90 minute session, to ensure social distancing between groups of children during the designated water breaks that take place every 15 minutes.
4. Parents should bring a supply of hand sanitizer and not rely on coaches/the club to provide.
5. Please ensure your child has plenty of water / snacks, as these cannot be shared with team mates – even within groups.
6. Please do not attend if your child, a family member or people you have been in recent contact with are displaying Covid19 symptoms / been confirmed as symptomatic. Additionally, if you are under quarantine, please do not attend until the quarantine period has been completed.