In accordance with government guidelines and the end of lockdown mark 2, youth rugby can resume this weekend. We will be running training as usual from 10am to 12 noon. Everybody is welcome, however all players must be members to ensure that we are following guidelines and keeping everybody safe. Please therefore ensure that you […]
Happy New Year!
We wish all our youth players and their families a Happy New Year and although there is no youth rugby at Hurlingham Park on Sunday 3rd January as we had originally hoped, we hope to be able to resume soon. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the as soon as it is safe to do so.
We are not yet able to confirm when youth training will resume but when it does, we will be adhering strictly to government guidelines to to make training safe and enjoyable for all our players.
Please keep an eye on the website for more information, and on our social media channels where frequent updates are posted.
Once we resume, the cafe will be open as usual on training days, offering teas, coffees, soft drinks, snacks and our famous bacon butties. However, we will be offering a take away service only until we are able to safely re-open the community area.
Youth kit can now be purchased online via www.fulhamrugby.co.uk/shop
ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE CURRENT MEMBERSHIPS AND BE REGISTERED TO PLAY IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
A VERY UNUSUAL SEASON SEASON
The club has worked hard to adhere to our ‘return to training’ plan based on Government and RFU guidance and to ensure that training is both safe AND fun. We would like to thank both parents and children for sticking to the rules and making the season a success.
This season it is particularly important to ensure that all children are enroled at the club before they can participate in any club activity. Before bringing them to training on a Sunday, please ensure that you have done this by clicking on the ‘Renew’ button above. Enrolment is a two state process: your child must have a current membership and you must submit a player registration request. Both of these steps must be completed within the GMS membership system in order for your child to participate in club activities.
If you have not yet completed these steps, click the Join or Renew buttons above.
Once you have enrolled your child, please make sure that your age group coach has added you to the Teamer app so that you can keep in touch. This is especially critical this season.
As the season progresses, we will continue to follow Government and RFU guidelines.
HOW DOES TRAINING WORK?
On arrival at their designated section of Hurlingham Park players will be put into groups of no more than ten and they must remain in those groups for the duration of the session.
Each age group will then have a combination of skills, drills and Touch Rugby from 1000-1130, all of which have been designed to engage and improve children of all abilities. The pitch map below shows where each age group will gather.
HOW CAN PARENTS HELP?
1. Please use the Teamer app to inform coaches that you will be attending each week: please do this as early as possible each week. This was important last season, it’s now critical ahead of every session this season.
2. Show up on time, which means be ready at 0950 for a prompt 1000 start.
3. It is compulsory for all parents to remain for the duration of the 90 minute session, to ensure social distancing between groups of children during the designated water breaks that take place every 15 minutes.
4. Parents should bring a supply of hand sanitizer and not rely on coaches/the club to provide.
5. Please ensure your child has plenty of water / snacks, as these cannot be shared with team mates – even within groups.
6. Please do not attend if your child, a family member or people you have been in recent contact with are displaying Covid-19 symptoms / been confirmed as symptomatic. Additionally, if you are under quarantine, please do not attend until the quarantine period has been completed.